Sunday, November 28, 2004

IT’S A GAY OLD WORLD

IT’S A GAY OLD WORLD I read about this when I bought the book call A treasury of the art of living in '86 but is not able to find out where or who it originates from.

It is inspirational esp for those who take life by its horn and dictates their own destiny no matter how big the storm is.

Incidentally or is it intentionally, there is no mention whatsoever of requesting for help frm a higher being...except for ONESELF. I think that is the most logical reasoning by far.

I do hope you'll find it as educating as I did...


It’s a gay old world when you’re gay
And a glad old world when you’re glad;
But whether you play
Or go toiling away
It’s a sad old world when you’re sad.

It’s a grand old world if you’re great
And a mean old world if you’re small;
It’s a world full of hate
For the foolish who prate
Of the uselessness of it all.

It’s a beautiful worlds to see
Or it’s dismal in every zone.
The thing it must be
In its gloom or its glee
Depends on yourself alone.

-Anonymous

1 comment:

西西留 said...

Thank you for leaving a comment in my blog.

I wander how do u get to know about my blog? Since I never have any English text in my blog, I think without putting any Chinese keyword, that is no way to find my URL through the search engine.... anyway, u don have to answer this.

My objective is just share with other who are getting used to Chinese language as their mother tongue in order for them to have better understanding of current issues.

According to my site statistic, almost 50% of the readers are not from big city like KL or Penang. I think this is impotent to convey some non-main stream news and articles to our people, especially for those who do not follow up with English -based political blog world.

This is a lonely job and especially when due with RPK's long wind article, but I think with his unite thinking and ideology, Chinese society can have better understanding of some of the middle class Malay's point of view and I think he is well representative in this case. Since he is detained under ISA now, I think I "lost my job" since then.

Translation work is my "habit", when I encounter some English text, I always try to look into the way to present it in Chinese. So, to fully utilize this talent, I think the best way is make my translation work as a bridge and convery different thinking to each other.

So, I thank you for leaving comment in my blog and helping me to promote my work. I have added you to my blog roll and if I find any interested article from your blog, I will do you a flavor to translate it in Chinese.

Have a nice day!