Monday, April 05, 2010

Why the need to be Superstitious?

My short excursion to Ipoh left me RM500 poorer.... and this morn when i was reaching my office a bloody service van suddenly brake in front of my car causing me to slightly ram into his bumper!

The idiot actually wanted to alight a passenger in the middle of the road at a place where he is not supposed to stop. To top it off - his service van dont even have brakes light!!

No serious harm as we were both driving slowly but my car front bumper is scratched...*urgh*

Related this incident to a friend and he say .. oh yes, that's because your star say you "fan-tai-sui" this year and you need to "sip-tai-sui"....I was like .... huh?

Every year someone will talk about "tai-sui" to me and every year I will be scratching my head trying to find out what has my life got to do with "tai-sui" and vice versa? And why I "fan-tai-sui" (fan as in in direct confrontation?)

I mean, I dont even know him or her if him or her even exist at all! So why am I in direct confrontation with tai-sui?

And when we fan-tai-sui we need to sip-tai-sui - and it is supposed to help.... let us try to put this into a real life scenario. If I step on my boss foot (fan-boss) I quickly make up by saying sorry and buying him lunch if I step on it too hard! (sip-tai-sui) Then he wont jot it into his 555 and give me a bad ratings during appraisal.

Now - the above scenario I understand. Cause and Effect. Karma. Whatever. But the fact is I step on something solid - which is my Boss Foot - and I have to appease his pain and anger otherwise I will be in trouble.

Let's come back to my current situation.

I spent RM500 during my excursion to Ipoh and I banged into a van in KL. I spent RM500 because a hook in my car door handle broke and I have to get it repair otherwise it will be difficult for me to open the car door.

And when I was at the accessory shop the Manager was such a good salesperson that I invested another hundreds into doing other stuffs. So i overspent a bit. granted.

Then half way back to KL, my air filter valve broke and my car lost its vroom power and I was like driving a Honda Cub all the way back to KL. Of course once I reach KL I replaced the valve and it cost me another hundreds .. add up to RM500.

So I overspent and my car kissed another car. End of story.

Now. Where is the correlation between me over-spending and having kissed another car with "tai-sui"?

When, at what particular point in time have I "fan" this "tai-sui"? Can I see him or call him to discuss about this?

Why do we need to relates whatever is happening within our-self to something which we don't even know whether exist of not - or in agnostic term - things that evades our 5 senses?

I overspent because I am not discipline and I bumped into a car because that idiot is, well an idiot and I am being careless... end of story.

So what has all this got to do with "tai-sui"? (if it exist..)





1 comment:

GM Jackson said...

Thanks for posting this!